Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
BalticLegal Offline

Beiträge: 16

11.11.2023 14:00
Immigration to Belgium Antworten

Introducing Belgium which can be described as one of the biggest European countries with rich cultural heritage and respect for human rights. Statistics demonstrate that the population of Belgium is currently estimated at around 11 420 163. The biggest ethnic group is Flemish. The country also hosts many immigrants from Morocco and Italy. The official language is Dutch, as well as French and German.

The Official currency is the Euro (EUR). Belgium is a core member state of the European Union and the Schengen area, which provides many benefits for its residents. It is possible to acquire a residence permit in Belgium. For short stays up to 90 days, a visa will be required.

Immigration services
The FPS or Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs is responsible for immigration services in Belgium.

It may be quite difficult to obtain a residence permit in Belgium, due to the strict immigration policies, in contrast with other European countries. Therefore we suggest the Latvian residence permit. There is a significant difference in Belgian law between a simple "visa" and a long stay or a residence permit, officially called "stay document", however, no long stay visa is required to stay in Belgium for a time period up to 90 days. Moreover, the citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (Liechtenstein, Iceland, and Norway), as well as the Switzerland can travel without limits to the country on the grounds of their national ID card, passport or another travelling document. In addition, EEA, EU and Swiss nationals do not require a visa to travel to Belgium, no work permit to engage in economic activities is required either.

If one is a non-EU citizen, in order to stay in Belgium for more than 3 months, he or she needs a temporary residence permit, resident card or retired residence permit. Thus, anyone entering Belgium with the intention to stay in excess of 90 days and intends to work or study in the country must have a long term visa or entry permit issued by the Belgian authorities.

Immigration services providers
Despite the fact that the Belgian law sets certain exceptions for visa and entry permit requirements, the generally applied rule is that an applicant shall not be granted a stay document, as long as he hasn’t been previously evaluated and approved at the local Belgian municipal administration offices/town hall (maison communale / gemeentehuis).Thus, any person seeking entry to Belgium must start out by drafting and submitting an application to this authority, which is specifically responsible for his country of residence. Submitting application to a wrong authority most likely will result in refusal to issue an approval. Such services are usually best provided by law offices and immigration agencies.

Here are three email address of companies which offer immigration services in Belgium:


Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor